The Hugh Anderson Scholarship Fund was founded in the memory of Hugh Anderson, Fire Inspector for Bullhead City Fire Department. Hugh was a very vocal and active supporter of AFBEA. Each year, Hugh and his wife Barbara donated many hours to the Characterization Conference and any project that supported fire and life safety programs. At his death, Barbara designated AFBEA as a place for donations in his memory. As a result, the Hugh Anderson Scholarship Fund was started. It was AFBEA’s intent to honor his commitment and dedication to educational efforts in the fire service by providing a monetary source for other Educators to be able to attend conferences and workshops.
Any paid member of AFBEA may apply for funds to attend an educational conference or workshop.
Applicants fill out and submit the Hugh Anderson Scholarship Fund Application form to the scholarship fund committee at least 2 months prior to the scheduled event at the address below. Applicants will be notified by phone, email, or fax if they are awarded the scholarship.
Hugh Anderson Scholarship Fund Committee
P.O. Box 7227
Goodyear, Arizona 85338
When awarded the Scholarship, the applicant is required to:
- Make arrangements with AFBEA treasurer for payment of fees and reservations
- Provide receipts as requested
- Give a report of their experience at the next quarterly AFBEA meeting after the conferenceor workshop attended which will include:
- Report how the information obtained will be utilized for their department
- Report to members of any additional information obtained at the conference/workshop