East Lansing firefighters responded to a fire this morning at 453 Abbot Road. Twenty eight residents have been displaced. Firefighters were dispatched at 1:14 a.m. to investigate
a report of a fire alarm sounding at the house. When they arrived, they found a fire in a basement storage room. The fire was contained to the room of origin by the sprinkler system.
• Missing or disabled smoke alarms
• Careless disposal of smoking materials
• Impaired judgment from alcohol consumption
• Fires originating on upholstered furniture on decks or porches