Two people are safe after their home near 96th Street and Thunderbird Road caught on fire Tuesday night. Firefighters say two residents were sleeping inside the house when they were woken up by smoke detectors.
A Tempe teenager died Monday in a sledding accident south of Flagstaff, the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office said.
A mother and daughter were hospitalized after it was discovered the daughter left a car running overnight in the family’s condominium garage, according to the Scottsdale Fire Department.
Thousands of condominium and apartment complexes built across Greater Lowell during a boom in the 1960s and 1970s lack sprinklers because they have received exemptions from the state building code. Such an exemption could have contributed to two deaths a week ago at a complex on Littleton Road in Chelmsford, officials said
Young William and Tyler Jensen died after overheating as they were left alone in their mother’s Toyota 4Runner on Grand Mesa Nov. 27, in what have been ruled accidental deaths, the Mesa (Colorado) County Coroner’s Office said.
In a city of small spaces, an apartment building lobby is often an extension of people’s homes. And during the holidays that includes all those decorations. But did you know Christmas trees can be illegal? That means the FDNY is being forced to confiscate them, CBS 2’s Derricke Dennis reported Wednesday night.
Cities throughout the Denver area are implementing new homebuilding codes that take effect Jan. 1, but one regulation some are taking a pass on requires fire sprinklers inside single-family homes.
The International Residential Code of 2009 was established by the International Code Council. It is a set of minimum regulations for homebuilding. Cities typically adopt these codes, often without much change.
After a 28-year-old woman died of smoke inhalation in fire Friday morning, fire officials said they found a smoke detector still in its packaging in a kitchen drawer.
Prescott officials could be taking a second look in the coming weeks at a fire-protection requirement that adds as much as $9,000 to $10,000 to the cost of some new homes.
A blaze ripped through a West Garfield Park home Sunday morning, killing a 75-year-old man who used a wheelchair, officials and relatives said.